Welcome to the Aims and Ethos page.
A vibrant,village school at the centre of its village community.
• A good school with many outstanding features. (Ofsted November 2006)
• High quality learning and teaching planned and managed so that every child is supported and challenged.
• High attainment in core subjects alongside a rich, broad and creative curriculum.
• Children enjoying the richness of their learning, with opportunities to learn in different ways, listening, doing, watching, through play, in groups and individually.
• Children who are proud of their learning and have ownership and responsibility for their learning and the desire to do well.
• A safe, supportive yet challenging atmosphere where children can develop the self confidence to talk openly about their learning secure in the knowledge that it is alright to make mistakes and learn from them.
• Strong relationships with parents, fully involved and supporting their children’s learning, and the community, making use of the out of doors and the local and wider environment to enhance learning both formally and informally.
• Resources used flexibly and imaginatively and a teaching environment of the highest standard.
• ICT embedded into all areas of the curriculum and used selectively where it will improve learning and teaching
• A community in which each child’s spirituality is respected and developed in the context of the schools denominational ethos
• A school with a buzz of fun and excitement, happy children, happy staff, happy parents!
Schools can prove excellence by gaining industry standard awards. View awards we have attained.
Free News Service
Click on the icon to the left to subscribe to a free RSS feed school news service.
You can also follow us on social media. Click on the icons at the very bottom of this web page.