Aims and Ethos
A vision should be able to be seen! This is what we want to see in our school.
- A vibrant,village school at the centre of its village community.
- High quality learning and teaching planned and managed so that every child is supported and challenged.
- High attainment in core subjects alongside a rich, broad and creative curriculum.
- Children enjoying the richness of their learning, with opportunities to learn in different ways, listening, doing, watching, through play, in groups and individually.
- Children who are proud of their learning and have ownership and responsibility for their learning and the desire to do well.
- A safe, supportive yet challenging atmosphere where children can develop the self confidence to talk openly about their learning secure in the knowledge that it is alright to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Strong relationships with parents, fully involved and supporting their children’s learning, and the community, making use of the out of doors and the local and wider environment to enhance learning both formally and informally.
- Resources used flexibly and imaginatively and a teaching environment of the highest standard.
- ICT embedded into all areas of the curriculum and used selectively where it will improve learning and teaching
- A community in which each child’s spirituality is respected and developed in the context of the schools denominational ethos
- A school with a buzz of fun and excitement, happy children, happy staff, happy parents