Crakehall CofE Primary School
– Encourage pupils and their parents to share and enjoy learning experiences.
– Provide opportunities for parents, children and the school to work together in partnership in relation to children’s learning.
– To use homework as a tool to help continue to raise standards of attainment.
– Improve the quality of the learning experience offered to pupils and to extend it beyond the classroom environment.
– Reinforce work covered in class by providing further opportunities for individual learning.
– To practise or consolidate basic skills and knowledge, especially in Numeracy and Literacy.
– Encourage children to develop the responsibility, confidence and self-discipline needed to study independently.
– To prepare Year 6 pupils for the transfer to secondary school.
All pupils are given homework, or home tasks, the type and amount of work depending on age and ability. The emphasis for younger children is on reading. The children have ‘yellow books’ in which we invite you to record reading done at home on a daily basis. By Year 1 we add weekly spellings and maths tasks. This also acts as a home/school contact book. Please feel free to add your comments in your child’s book, as they are most helpful to us.
As children progress through Key Stage 2 there will be a greater emphasis on homework e.g. spellings, reading, Literacy, Numeracy or research topics. Whatever the task, we hope parents will show an interest and offer appropriate help and support. Please ensure your child brings their reading book and home/school contact book to school each day.
A copy of the homework policy can be obtained from school.